What is Business Intelligence?
There are many definitions out there but I believe that the easiest is Business Intelligence is about analysing the raw data in your organisation to enable you to make smarter business decisions.
Business Intelligence tools enable you to create an understandable view of the large amount of raw data you have within your company and harness the power of this data. Knowledge is power as they say!
So essential Business Intelligence software is a tool that can help our clients to gain better visibility into their existing large datasets. This can highlight existing problems as well as provide insights into potential strengths and opportunities.
How could it benefit my company?
If you have or use one or indeed several softwares applications in your organisation then yes, you could definitely benefit from using a BI tool.
- Do you need reports from your applications that can be dynamically changed?
- Would you like these reports to be sent every day/week/month?
- Would you like to be able to get answers for critical business questions?
- Lack of visibility of the data that are created by current applications
- Do you need to access relevant business data quickly?
- Benchmark data against known KPIs?
Some examples of how other companies use BI tools.
- Create reports for budgeting, financial planning and forecasting
- Measuring sales or other activities
- Analysing trends of existing data i.e analyse customer behaviour
- Improving supply chain efficiency
- Extract reports from Customer relationships management tools
If you would like to find out more about the Business Intelligence software we use and how you could benefit from it. Please call us.